Thursday, November 1, 2007

RSS what???


Well after illness in the family, not enough hours in the day and too many things to do I have finally learned all about RSS feeds, (sounds like a new age way of feeding babies). If you are into current affairs and getting the latest news immediately, this is the weapon for you!!! Must say it makes sense for these reasons, but being an old fashioned girl I like trawling through the pages and pages of news that are available on the world wide web!! Gives you a great sense of acheivement after hours of searching to say "at last I found it". Of course I am being facetious here, but in all seriousness it is a great tool to have available for work and finding out things in a hurry.

I used the bloglines account as a guide and listed a few of their library related feeds to my own consortium and I also knew from visiting other sites in my travels that RSS feeds were available so I just entered their web addresses and subscribed to their feeds, easy!! A weather site with a feed would be a great idea, am yet to find one but I shall persist!


No comments: